Saturday, 3 November 2007

I should change the blog name...

...to "The recruitment company haters blog"...

They're at it again! So last week, coming to the end of my first 4/5 week period (they're approximately monthly) whereby I submit an invoice to the recruitment company, I get my timesheets approved and submitted to the recruitment company, they invoice the client, the client pays the recruitment company, then finally the recruitment company pay me (after taking a big fat chunk for their greedy fat faces).

Or at least that's the plan. So Olly (at work) and I hadn't heard anything about how to get the timesheets approved so I rang them up to ask. I fill out my timesheets online, so I naturally assumed that Olly would be able to log into the same site and approve them as and when required. How foolish of me! I ranted a little at their incompetency and generally stupidity before finally being told that I had to print off the timesheets, get Olly to sign them (like they know what his signature looks like) and then fax them to the recruitment company.

Does that seem like an efficient solution to you? No, me either...

Anyway, I got this all done, and got Lorraine to fax the timesheets back. That was 3 days ago. According to the website they're still unapproved. So I ring up to find out why they are delaying. Am told that they're not approved because Olly hasn't logged into the website to approve them!!!! ARGH!

So what Iw as told before was complete bollox. Who knows wether what I'm being told now will turn out to be accurate or not. Who can tell with these fucking idiots. So apparently now Olly will be emailed details of how to log into the site and approve the timesheets. Maybe my invoice will get paid sometime this side of the end of this millenium...

...so I really do hate recruitment companies. I hate how much money they make for doing absolutely nothing accept profiting from my hard work. I hate how utterly stupid they are. I hate how utterly incompetent they are. I hate how someone with absolutely NO IT savvy or knowledge can recruit IT staff. I hate how they lie and cheat their way through life. I JUST HATE THEM!

...oh, and the recruitment chap wants to meet for lunch next week! Well, I'll have a free lunch if he's paying, but he can expect a frank and unedited version of my feelings towards his company (although I think he's already getting that impression - I wonder if he's trying to butter me up a bit by buying me lunch?! He even had the cheek to ask if I knew anyone else who HE could put forward for jobs!!! Ha! TWAT!)

1 comment:

Pol said...

oooooooooh there's a lot of hate going on there hun!!!!