Well, what a wedding! Spent the afternoon/evening at my mate Richard's wedding to Kate. I used to work with them both a few years back, so know them (particularly Rich) quite well. Was wondering who else was going to be there from our old company days, and was surprised to meet only one other person I knew from there. Feel very strangely extra specially honoured to be invited to join them at their wedding, especially since I'm not at all religious, and Richard and kate both are, as were the VAST majority of the people at the wedding.
As a result it was a very happy clappy wedding, and not at all what I was expecting (although I'm not sure what that was). Richards brother played the guitar and led the 'band' for all the singing (there was much singing) which was far from traditional, but instead included bongo's and chimes and stuff! Fantastic! Everyone was most enthusiastic about it all with much waving in the air of hands, and swaying with emotion with eyes closed etc etc etc. Top notch stuff! You couldn't help but feel very happy about it all. It was one of those kind of occasions! Was a little concerned with such comments as I will serve god first, and then you (in the vows!!!), but each to their own I suppose!
Despite being very much not a believer I have to say I do very much admire the whole sense of community and togetherness that these people have. One of the guys who did a reading (well, more of a sermon really!!) was Jeremy, who was married by Rich's dad many years ago, and knew Rich then. He's now living in Warwick, and setting up a new church. As Rich has recently moved to Warwick I think he and Kate are helping him set it all up. Anyway, Jeremy was a top bloke. Had a good chat with him after the wedding bit. Would be most interested in going along to see how the new church is going and how it all works. Not really from a godly point of view you understand (I just cannot bring myself to believe in a higher being at all, it's not in my nature) but instead from a community type point of view. Could be interesting...
Anyway, the wedding over, and much singing done (and much blessing by Jeremy's wife), we all met in a dining room for food etc. Excellent food! And lots of it! Am still stuffed! Enough said!!! Speeches were excellent, particularly impressed with Richards, since it was off the cuff, and extremely well delivered (I even got a mention!!! Blimey!). Rach and I had a bet on the length of the speeches. I won!!! (She owe's me a fiver then!!)
So, bit more chatting etc, then Rich and Kate left for their honeymoon. They're off to New Zealand for a few weeks which should be great. Looking forward to catching up with them both when they get back.
So it was all rather an excellent day! Just need to hope the bloated full feeling has worn off by the time I arrive for football tomorrow morning!
S'all for now I think! Tra...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment