We're trying to find 6" square quarry tiles to match the existing tiles in our house. This, it would appear, is an impossible task! The tiles in question are inch thick old, dark red (victorian red I think) clay tiles. I have, thus far, found only one tile which comes close to being a match, and that is a Daniel Platt Ferrolite red tile. Great, I can just buy some... NOT! Daniel Platt went bust about 3 years ago and now it seems their tiles are rarer than hens teeth, so I can't source any of them.
I found a website which had some tiles which looked like they might be a good match. So I ordered 3 samples, from 3 different ranges. They arrived today and are basically nowhere near! All modern tiles appear to be a much more orange red, whereas the ones we're trying to match are a more purple/brown type red. There is another tile on their site which may be a decent match (named as Victorian Red) but they're octagonal!! So I've sent them an email to ask if they could source the same tile in 6" square size. We'll see...
Other than that I have no leads at the moment, and the only other option I can see is to rip up the existing floor and replace it entirely!!
Oh, the reason I need these tiles is that we knocked out a wall in the house which had behind it an outside loo, and a pantry. The pantry was tiled, but the outside loo was not. So I now have a decent sized area of concrete in the living room which rather needs tiling!!
Other than this I'm progressing with bricking up the doorway (from the pantry) and plastering the walls in the living room. Must also get hold of some fire resistant board to box in the RSJ...
...I digress...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
If you still want some Platts Ferrolite tiles, have a look at Item number: 170269019150 on eBay.
Post a Comment